Sunday, January 3, 2010

Things that annoy me about Wordpress

As devout I am a disciple of Wordpress, I have to say there are definitely things that bug me about this publishing system / CMS. 


#1 Links in image captions - as of Wordpress 2.6, if you try to put hyperlinks in image captions, Wordpress strips them out.  Which of course means that you can't effectively credit the author of an image or photo (whether it be from Flickr or some other website) and link to the appropriate licence.  This can be frustrating and there aren't really any plugins which properly address the issue.  However I've found a couple of workarounds here and here.  However this is something essential that really shouldn't require a plugin or hack.  Memo to Wordpress ... fix this in the next version please !

More in due course

No comments: